Monday 21 April 2014

Meal Planning Monday - 21 April 2014






After two days of eating way too much chocolate I am ready to get back on the healthy eating wagon. My diet has been pretty good over the past few months. I've cut out a lot of processed carbs and generally had a much more positive attitude to what I eat. I've focused on increasing protein and vegetables, and eating better during the day so I can train better in the evening. It's very frustrating than making time to get to the gym (something that can be difficult for anyone with family demands) and getting my kit on, only to find I have nothing in the tank, as it were, when I get there.

Breakfast:
Protein shake with protein powder, almond milk/milk/water, fruit, spinach, almond butter/coconut oil

Lunch:
Omelette with spinach, ham, tomato
Left over dinners
and maybe Quinoa and vegetable soup

Dinner:
Shepherd's pie with cauliflower and sweet potato mash x 2
Beef curry with butternut squash and rice
Roast chicken with veg and gravy
Quinoa with leftover chicken, roasted broccoli, and balsamic vinaigerette
Creamy Caprese Quinoa Bake

I have no doubt that I will need to cook something separate on quinoa nights. My husband is not a fan, and if I can't get my kids to eat carrots without pulling faces I have a snowball's chance in hell of getting them to put quinoa anywhere near their gobs.

Don't forget to catch up with more Meal Planning Monday posts at Mrs M's.


No comments:

Post a Comment