Monday 19 March 2012

Meal Planning Monday - 19March 2012

Once again I found myself pushed for time this week and only managed a rushed meal plan. Next week I am going to plan over the course of the week rather than rush it the night before I am supposed to have the shopping delivered and everyone is nagging me for food because all we have left are some crumbs of non-sugary cereal and a crust of bread. Well, not quite, but they way they go on you would think that sometimes!

Thank God for Pinterest for quick inspiration. If you're not already, follow my menu boards on Pinterest as there are some really tasty dishes on there. I only need 5 meals this week as one night is for leftovers, and one night I am out. Hurrah!
 Crispy Potato Roast with sausages and vegetables
Cottage Pie
Guinness Beef Stew & Soda Bread

I am especially looking forward to the sweet potatoes as they look delicious. Except ... bugger... I have just realised I have forgotten to buy cranberries. Oh well, I will get some later.

On the baking list this week is this little beauty from The Girl Who Ate Everything

It is my birthday on Friday and this is the cake I chose. You can bet I didn't forget any ingredients for that! 
I will also make
Anzac Biscuits Traybake

Leave a comment and let me know what you think of this week's meal plan by. You will be relieved to know that, after 3 purchases of mozzarella, I finally managed the mozzarello pesto chicken and it was gorgeous. 

Remember to check out Mrs M's linky for more Meal Planning Monday posts.




12 comments:

  1. I'm following you on Pinterest now! The cake looks fab, might have to risk trying it for my bday in may.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the follow on Pinterest. I will let you know how the cake turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word that cake looks amazing. What a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sound of cheesy chicken pot pie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've recently joined pinterest and I'm totally addicted but haven't used it for food so I'm now following you for inspiration!! Love your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks City Girl at Heart. I am another Pinterest addict. It's my favourite way to waste time whilst appearing busy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday for Friday. Am following you on pinterest now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! I think it's fair to say I am looking forward to my cake more than the actual birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cake looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh Cheesy Chicken Pot Pie sounds divine, am off to look at the recipe now. The Boston Cream Pie also looks amazing, hope you have a fabby Birthday tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! I suspect I won't get my cake until Saturday, but I will post a picture next week. It's definitely getting made!

    The pot pie was gorgeous. I cooked the filling in the slow cooker and it was so nice, I had some on pasta for lunch as well as in the pie for dinner.

    For the topping I used half a packet of shortcrust pastry mix I had in the cupboard with a big handfull of grated cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How was the cake? Looks delish! Might have to try that myself.

    ReplyDelete